Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectits a little slicker than that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22091&mesg_id=22103
22103, its a little slicker than that
Posted by guest, Wed Aug-30-00 10:56 AM
"Race was made up to separate everybody (upon physical differences) and keep the masses under
control (and at each other's throats). "

The study of "racial category" only meant to determine noted observation of the features that separated us. The determinations are still valid in the practical sense- negroes have wide noses, caucasians typically dont; those are fair determinations.

But along came other guys like Darwin, Lyle, and the others that Ive mentioned who hoped to use the determinations of common and variant feautres as a demonstration of evolution in humankind- that was where we went awry.

My point of contention is that race wasnt made to separate people it was only meant to catalog separations that were already obvious- unfortunately only a short while later race would be used not to separate people but to justify that some of them were fitting of widescale domestication and oppression.

Its important to split these hairs because there is validity to the fact that people have noticeably differences of appearance- if youd like to correlate this to the parameters set forth by the study of anthropology and qualified determinations of race- that is a reasonable perogative. Many people read my ish and thinking Im advocating that we disregard the obvious- which couldnt be further from my beliefs- I dont think we should disregard the obvious but in my experience the more obvious things seem the less we take it upon ourselves to find out the truth.

K