Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectCan we throw Black leaders in
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22062&mesg_id=22087
22087, Can we throw Black leaders in
Posted by nushooz, Tue Aug-15-00 03:40 AM
just for sport?????

When I saw this post, I was gathering my thoughts in terms of addressing the question of the thinking Black populous: Where are our leaders? Who galvanizes us? Who motivates us? Is it Jessie "Rhyming" Jackson? Is it Can't talk right now I gotta a hair appointment Al Sharpton? Is it "I'm facing my own mortality" Louis Farrakhan? Is it QuestLove?

Can we align some of these characteristics that we outline here with some one already existent in our community OR build some body like we're dong here? What? Could it be Colin Powell?

When I heard about Tavis Smiley et al building a new paridigm it made me wonder again about the Civil Rights Movement and how we were moved as a people - as humans (because there were non-Black people that made sacrifices too) but under the leadership of a cause that initiated as one of color but..... And what is it that we had that we can't seem to get now. Would a leader-defined here- help us?

Prak, I know this isn't what you had in mind, but can we pick a president when it seems that we've lost the kind of cohesion that it takes to start a Movement?

Sorry.

Live from the Shoe Sto'
NuShooz
I,I, I Can't Wait!