Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectsorry I dropped out...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22010&mesg_id=22032
22032, sorry I dropped out...
Posted by mke, Mon Aug-28-00 04:04 AM
but this conversation (which has been the same since we "met" you, Expertise) is getting very boring, and the posts way too long.

1. Here are a few things you said recently
"However, like I said before that is irrevelant because the federal government doesn't have jurisdiction over the domestic affairs of other countries and their governments. Not to mention that government and national issues are based within the confines of our national borders. Other countries may model them, but we do so for our own interests. Therefore, we aren't going to simply break down our government and principles simply because other countries want it to be that way. That's why there is a thing called national soverignty. You can do what you want to with your own country, but you have, nor should have, any influence on how we govern ourselves here."

but then you say

"You have no choice but to accept our system. It is our system that runs the world, and will probably do so until doomsday. The US sets the pace for the rest of the world. As I mentioned about high achievers, if they aren't doing good, then the rest of the world isn't either. It's the same with international prosperity as well. You don't have to agree to it, but you might as well get used to it."

Does a comment need to be made? You're libertarian, we're authoritarian?

I think the fundamental question is: why do you hate people (or "the people")?

You obviously don't think they can govern themselves, and that the most important decision they should be allowed to make is which brand of soap to buy.

I have a few more things to say, but reply to this first, please. And don't tell me "I never said I hate the people", because that's one of the few things you have been saying over and over.

AIM: mke1978

"L'actualité régionale: c'est vous qui la vivez, c'est nous qui en vivons"
In English:
"Local news: you live it, we live off it"
- Jules-Edouard Moustic, 20H20

"There's no blood in my body/It's liquid soul in my veins"
- Roots Manuva (check the fantastic album "Brand New Second Hand")