Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThis might be off the subject of where your going...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21921&mesg_id=21926
21926, This might be off the subject of where your going...
Posted by judicem, Wed Aug-30-00 09:35 AM
I always felt teachers have the power to be great revolutionaries if they took the time out to see themselves in the world. Having such young minds to mold with so much potential teachers need more than a book. Teachers need to be more Gurus than "teachers" in our Americanized sense. You have young blood thirsty for life and you as a teacher you don't share your life, your experiences, your morals or values. We're so stuck on not bringing religion or politics into school that by the end of those 14 years of schooling our children our empty slates with empty facts. My high school years were wasted by teachers with mad drama in their lives. So much that they stuck close to the rules and read verbatim out of the book unable to pull the world out of it for the young minds. They became these machines just processing students to the next grade. I know most teachers probably do not even think revolutionary but they once had the need to want to change the lives of young minds even if just for a split second.

What the hell did I just say? Well I'm agreeing with the you. We need people to be on a constant internal growth tip. And teachers are at the fore-front. Teachers need to see what they do as a vocation like the priesthood instead of a job where they don't get paid enough. Our youth are tomorrows adulthoods so if we can teach them how to look inside themselves they will stand infront of the revolution with out fronting on their purity.