Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI hear and feel ya....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21835&mesg_id=21845
21845, I hear and feel ya....
Posted by unohoo, Tue Aug-22-00 06:17 AM
..on wanting to be lead. I usually take that to mean that someone is at the helm calling the shots for all of us in the herd (excuse my thin vocabulary). But I'm older now and recognize that a good leader brings out the common ideals that everyone posseses (sp?). With that said, I'm not as politically minded as you seem to be, nor do I know who's supposed to be the up and coming guy to watch.

But as I say that let me say this, I think that black people have come to a strange point in time in America where they are slowly getting out there and fending for themselves. More and more black people are caught up in their own pursuit of happiness and I'm not one to tell a man that he shouldn't do so. The though process might be I don't need to surround myself in blackness, or I don't need to see to another man's struggle anymore because our collective struggles have become more individual, more seperated and therefore a voice that unifies the poor, the middle, upper middle class, and upper class black people.

what's my muthafucking name?....