Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDagnabit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21701&mesg_id=21723
21723, Dagnabit
Posted by delsbrothergeorge, Thu Aug-31-00 06:24 PM
I stayed away from that post on purpose and y'all almost made me go read it. I say almost because I got through the first dozen or so messages and just gave up. I concluded that there was no apparent reason to delete the post. Maybe it's controversial and maybe it's a wee bit divisive, but it seems to be healthy.

Why? Because someone is always trying to revisit this topic. I was in a similar discussion last year on the General Board that was archived and I really hoped that the subject would die with the definitive post on the topic that Koala Love made some time ago.

I have no problem with folks chatting frankly on the subject, but personally I'm tired of it. I think the whole discussion is born of insecurity and fear.

But that's just me. I'm probably wrong. Otherwise, no one would talk about it. And it's beyond obvious that heads continue to want to exchange ideas about it.

Sorry for the mild rant. Maybe this post right here should be deleted so everybody could be happy.

PEACE

The aspiring martyr

---I'm here---

Rally cry heard at the scene of the Democratic National Convention:

"Stop...Drop/
People gonna rise to the top/
Oh...No/
Let Mumia go!"