Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: before i get jumped on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21664&mesg_id=21696
21696, RE: before i get jumped on
Posted by Nettrice, Sat Sep-09-00 12:46 PM
My last post had less to do about Islam than it had to do with hiding behind ideology or some kind of standard/belief instead of representing (for oneself) self-determination, awareness and personal freedom. Empowerment happens within. How can anybody support a cause or community when they are conditioned to feel unworthy or powerless?

I am talking about a mindset that goes beyond religion and includes all kinds of institutionalized thinking (social/political). I am talking about the domestication of a planet.

We live in a society that is ruled by fear. It exists on many different levels. We are searching for truth that right in front our faces. We just choose not to look, not to see. We can not see that we are part of a big dream, a big illusion so we live in a fog. We can not help but keep each other down in order to maintain this illusion. We keep searching and searching, going in circles rather than transcending or elevating ourselves from this fog...just like crabs.

Sorry for rambling. I feel that we, as individuals, have some much personal power that can be directed at freeing our minds and opening up a path for others.

"We keep searching and searching, when everything is already within us."
- Don Miguel Ruiz' "The Four Agreements"

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs