Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectFear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21664&mesg_id=21689
21689, Fear
Posted by Nettrice, Mon Sep-04-00 05:49 PM
I think people forget how scary this 400+ journey has been for us, the African Diaspora in America. Our shining leaders were assasinated, our strength has been suppressed by violence, segregation, and conditioning.

We maintain a self-fulfilling prophecy that keeps us in a perpetual, mental prison. Freedom begins with self but without esteem or worth how can one overcome or rise up?

"When you move beyond your fear, you feel free."

Please check out "Who Moved My Cheese?", a book about dealing with change.

"Haw realized he had been held captive by his own fear. Moving in a new direction had freed him."

I spend less time worrying about my enemies or people doing things I have no control over. The only person who can hold me back is me so I stay true to my self. I spend all of my time looking for personal freedom and purpose. If every single person felt free inside there would be no fear and no crabs in the barrel.

Peace!

"No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within." - Ultramagnetic MCs