Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI feel you, Baby
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21664&mesg_id=21669
21669, I feel you, Baby
Posted by nushooz, Fri Sep-01-00 09:01 AM
OOOOhhhh, Do I FEEL YOU!

What can we say though?
Yes, the world is effed up....It's SOOOO Unfair that we be treated as "the least"......The Playing field is not level.....Blah, Blah, Blah but YOURE RIGHT: We can either sit on the side lines or PLAY in the uniform we've been issued! Dammitt!
>
>at what point do we feed into the idea of being
>our own enemy?
Boy, this is a familiar aurgument for me. It was not long ago that I said that we were are own worst enemies and it turned into an aurgment about societal unfairness and Freeway Rick when ALL I wanted was for US to take responsibility FOR US! Dammitt!

>why ASSIST those who keep you down?
Some folk don't realize that they are a part of the PROBLEM - remember: either you a part of the problem or you are a part of the solution. That's simple to me. Do drugs sales (on either end) make you a part of the solution or the problem? Does having your ass hanging out in a video make you a part of the problem or the solution? Does exposing your children to foul language and behavior make you a part of the problem or the solution. FOR ME the answers are PLAIN! But for others????? There is NO REASON for the purposely "assisting" but ignorance denotes otherwise.

>which is more important: asking for the chains to be released or running with them on if thats what we have to do?
I'll say it again: Run, Nigga, run! Dammitt! (yeah, I said it!)

>at what point will we learn
>that appealing to anothers sense
>of guilt or empathy or
>"righteousness" is pointless?
>
>i wish somebody would seriously help
>me out.
Man, Boo, you ain't the person that really needs the help. You've been designated as the "helper" This time has been ordained for you to pull others up. Hell yeah! I said it. "Pull up" because to think that the world owes you or that the government is the master of your fate puts you in a "down" position and YOU NEED TO B PULLED UP! You know better, Boo and so now it's your responsibility to educate/share with others. Don't get stopped on YOUR road to Damascus!

Much Love & Much Respect Infinitely to you....a Brother I have NEVER met but my life remains enriched by your inclusion!

Live from the Shoe Sto'
NuShooz

I,I, I Can't Wait!

nushooz@blackplanet.com