Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectTRIFLING AND RIDICULOUS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21600&mesg_id=21631
21631, TRIFLING AND RIDICULOUS
Posted by guest, Wed Sep-06-00 07:52 AM
There's nothing more insulting to humanity than inviting someone into a discussion and them demonstrating their inability to participate.

Y'all volunteered to discuss this post. If you can't handle it... then bounce.

Because you only embarass yourselves.

I've read these responses without comment. And without fail, I watch the same trifling and ridiculous behavior result. We can all play big when we're hiding behind computer screens, dinner tables, and 30 years of life "yo, I know what's up" don't you dare question me.

BUT the fact remains that there has scarce been a contribution to these discussions.

WHY?

Because they're dominated by foolish frustrated cats who aren't interested in asking questions or exploring--WHICH IS WHAT THE PURPOSE OF KNOWLEDGE, DISCUSSION, PROGRESSIVISM, BOARDS, AND LIFE IS.

I run forums quite similar to the spirit of OkayPlayer up to three times a week, going on two years. Why? Because I represent knowledge and inquisitive style.

There's nothing more annoying than people who sit in the back, yell some stupid shit to their "buddies" to make themselves feel more secure in whatever they happen to be a part of that is being questioned.

It's pathetic posturing. It's tired, trifling, PREDICTABLE nonsense that's like watching a bad demonstration video to train child psychologists.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT TOUGH QUESTIONS THEN DON'T TRY TO ANSWER THEM.

LESSON ONE:

a DISCUSSION requires an abstract--something that is created for the purpose of the discussion, which exists as a function of GENERALIZATIONS.

...so all y'all who keep bringing up this "you're generalizing" ...no kidding, that's the point! --DROP IT.

in this case the ABSTRACT is "christianity" which may be better served by Keirdkegaard's "Xtianity"

LESSON TWO:

a discussion requires a charged STATEMENT or statements otherwise there is NOTHING WORTH DISCUSSING.

Ex: "I cite thee Christianity" or "all this or that is whack" or "are all men dogs" or "do we have free will"

Ex of not worth discussing: patting each other on the back, tooting our own horns "yo red kool aid is red" ...really?

*** - a discussion requires conflict. The only insults in this board come from cats who don't understand that and take discussion personally. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING OFFENDED, IF YOU AREN'T MATURE ENOUGH, THEN GO PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND TALK ABOUT HOW "DOWN" YOU ARE

LESSON THREE:

a discussion requires you to QUESTION YOURSELF FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUESTION

YOURSELF

FIRST

before saying a thing, discuss what the person is saying. DO NOT REACT, ass!

discuss.

okay, he said this... how so, how is that relevant... hmm... okay, perhaps he means this... okay, hmmm... but that doesn't take into accoutn this... but i see that... okay, good point.

LESSON FOUR:

if you want to get defensive, go take some metamucil, your tension doesn't contribute to anything.

if you want to change the subject to protect a concept you're uncomfortable with discussing, CHANGE THE CHANNEL... or change your socks (it helps)

LESSON FIVE:

Learn to close your mouth. I've lost so much respect for some of you cats. It's sad watching people who pretend to want to discuss life (by coming to these boards) make fools of themselves.
If you could see y'all through my eyes, you'd be embarassed.