Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: There are too many things outside
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21569&mesg_id=21597
21597, RE: There are too many things outside
Posted by guest, Mon Sep-11-00 03:25 PM
Lets discuss...

In the family I was speaking about, the caregivers (two lesbians) are both white. However, they try extremely hard to keep their children around black people, and to themselves if not teach, at least honor and encourage their learning of their culture. So, I believe that them being white doesn't harm the kids, except for the fact that it is socially unacceptable and might cause them problems later. But again Love is strongly than that.

I believe that gays/lesbians are in almost all cases born that way. So I don't think that will affect the kids, as far as their own sexual orientation goes.

The community they/I live in is extremely acepting of same sex relationships. Don't know if you've ever heard of Ithaca, NY, but it is like 2nd or 3rd in gays per capita, next to The Bay only, I think. Its generally a diverse community anyways, which is part of the reason I think their family works, its not unusual here. In fact I can think of 6 lesbian couples and one gay couple who have adopted kids, that is families that I know. Most of the kids are black, really all of them, I'm not exactly sure why that is??

Whats your take on the matter?

peace
jessie

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."
-Bob Marley

"The orthodox is the unorthodox, they just got you on the names, the insane and the sane are the same."
-Aceyalone