Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNeed for Love is Undisputed but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21569&mesg_id=21591
21591, Need for Love is Undisputed but
Posted by nushooz, Mon Sep-11-00 05:38 AM
Dove, what is it about this topic that you "hate" so....it's not unlike any other "controversial" topic... what's so different about this one?

I think the ideas being tossed around here are just as they are anywhere else on the boards.

No one is disputing that children need love. I beleive that we all agree that its a catch 22. But love is the greatest factor. But let me ask you this: Did Phillip Drummond try and immerse Willis and Arnold in their culture? And although I know this was a fictional show, my point is that he illustrated a loving care-giver. Yet, I don't remember seeing him trying to keep them connected with their people.

So, I use that example as another facet of our discussion.....would Willis & Arnold have got "immersion" had then been adopted by a Black family? I think so.

So, then should we leave our Black babies un-cared for because of the color of their skin. I say no. But whomever the caregivers are they ARE MANDATED out of love to let that baby know who he or she is - immenently...culturally. And I think those exercises require a conscious kind of love.

And lastly, and Dove be honest (as I feel you will) do you think you would have more success adopting a Black baby than I would a caucasion one?

And Dove, it's allllll love, Gurl. Nothing personal at all....Let's just have some honest dialouge. OK?

Live and Love from the Shoe Sto'
NuShooz

I,I, I Can't Wait!

nushooz@blackplanet.com