Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectlet's flip it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21569&mesg_id=21583
21583, let's flip it
Posted by nappiness, Thu Sep-07-00 03:43 AM
what about Black folks adopting white or mixed kids.
first and foremost, i agree with nushooz that there is a catch 22 b/c all children need to be love and nurtured and that's most imp. but there is a cultural aspect that is relavant in this country.
i have a friend that family adopted a white child and for the life of me i can't understand that. there are tons of Black babies that are in the system why as a Black family that has the means to adopt a child would ya adopt a white child. another friend whose family adopted two mixed children and all they do is uh-ah over the child b/c they are mixed, supposedly cute, and adorable b/c they have light skin and easily managable hair. but it comes down to there are a lot of kids in the system and they are all innocent and though race shouldn't matter for me it does. shooot me............
i plan on adopting and i am adopting beautiful Black kids.

--------sig-----------
"If you are an asshole keep your thoughts to yourself"
"If your intent is to hurt someone else's feelings for the sake of making yo'self look like a 'supustar', rethink your intent."
Nappiness is next to Godliness!!!
"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness