Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Interracial Adoptions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21569&mesg_id=21574
21574, RE: Interracial Adoptions
Posted by guest, Fri Sep-01-00 03:09 AM
The politics surrounding adoption and its peripheral arguments are legendary; in fact the issue has nothing to do with the children involved; it’s about power.

Classic arguments used by the Black community, and within the realm of politics are justified to use, is the sociological implication of putting a child with a family it cannot identify with racially.

The question is, these agencies are the last vestige of government idiocy. It is the only way they can help destabilize a group of people; by really fucking them up at the roots; good examples are Australia, Britain, America and South Africa to mention a few.

Their aim is twofold, firstly it is a way of placating the white society by investing in them a sense of false security - it subdues them to any form of sudden radicalism not sanctioned by the state by giving them a false charity shield; it is the same pathetic ego that has been used when they bible bashed their way through W. Africa.

In Europe and I am guessing in the States it is very difficult for Black parents; however responsible, to adopt Black babies let alone any baby: the racism within the system is so entrenched it is unbelievable - they have even surrounded themselves with sociological and psychological data to justify the exclusion of Black parents. The irony however is that most families, at least here in Britain (white) adopt these kids purely as a way of squeezing out of the government money put towards the development of the child; usually and this is not full proof, but these kids come out after x amount of years completely fucked up.

One of the hardest thing to swallow is when I hear people imply, why, say for example, so many Black kids are abandoned; over here I would guess a large amount happened in the 60's - I am sorry but that was a traumatic period if any one knows that history. But statistics are immaterial. In this day and age what is important is our responsibility to the children that we bring to this earth: it seems like a fundamental, if not new radical thinking needs to be put in place.

However until Black people are able to blast through the concrete, which denies them access to the same, status accorded to white adoptive parents these agents or arms of the government will continue to perpetuate the same ignorant policies.

xala.