Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectreal quick and i'm out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21515&mesg_id=21541
21541, real quick and i'm out
Posted by Iltigo, Thu Aug-31-00 12:58 PM
I just wanted to say WHOA!!!

You've made a lot of eleoquent statements and have put forth some interesting ideas but...your "down with the evil Facism of Christianity" rantis a little trite (sp?). You claim to be a philosopher (illospher being your name) and you obviously are a student of sociology (formally of not) yet you fail to realize that you have fallen into a classic philosophical trap. You have blaimed the system for the down fal of the people. The system (in this case Christianity and other organized religions) is never right or wrong it just is, the problem comes with people's interpretation of the system. True Fuedalism was took place under the "watchful eye" ofthe Vadican, but, the Vadican is not what i worship (I am a Christian by the way.

Just because a bunch od yahoos go off on a religious 'journey' and do wrong doesn't mean that he religioun is wrong. It means their "interpretation" of the ideals is wrong.

Christians strive in thier lives (we are supposed to) to be Christ-like. That means, being kind, charitable, and fair to your fellow man.
Now what is so wrong and Babylonian about that?

anyway argue on...

Peace

il
***God, grant me the serninity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the htings I can. And Wisdom to know the difference.***

***As a general rule of thumb, people are STUPID!! It is your responsibility as an intelligent person to take advantage of this at every possible opprotunity!!!***

NSSSSBE SSSSSSUUUUU!!!! Region ONE WHAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!