Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti met
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21440&mesg_id=21479
21479, i met
Posted by prophetsun, Fri Aug-25-00 01:56 PM
it was the late mid or late 80's and i was living in capitol heights off of malboro pike.

i was at the rec center b-ball courts between the old drive-in and eddies sub shop(can't remember the name, not enough sleep too much work).

the bama rolls up with a caravan of like 4 cars....for what reason i have no idea...

they hop outta jeeps & coupes and start talkin to some people who were at the courts....

rayfis pulls out what had to be 15 thousand dollars in $100 bills and just hands them to people.....

fools were looking at him like he was black jesus....

i came home and retold the story of events to my pops....

my pops asked me if i was impressed by what i saw...

being young and dumb, i said YEAH, who wouldnt be impressed with $$$$$$$.

so my pops reached in his wallet...pulled out all the cash he had (maybe $100) and all the credit cards and put them on the table before me...

i said, "he had WAY more money than that"...

my late (great) pops said

"well, this green card right here is an american express...with no credit limit, so i can spend as much money as i'm willing to pay back....these other credit cards have pretty high limits and low balances...which means i have good credit...the house we're standing in is owned by me and has about $70K worth of equity....and i got all this by GOOD OLD FASHIONED HONEST HARD WORK!!!!....now you mark my words....that boy (rayfis) will be dead or in jail for the rest of his life within the next decade..(we call it locked up or glocked up)...and when he gets locked up, anything he owns that he can't say was purchased with a tax paying job will be confiscated by the government (gu'ment as we call it)....

and how smart is it to walk around with that much money in cash?

that's just a fool without a bank account.

i keep my money where smart people do...in bank accounts, mutual funds, money market accounts, and CDs where it is safely growing interest.

drug money is fast and does not last....my money comes in smaller amounts...but it comes in as steady and dependable as the sunrise....

and i don't have to worry about which one of my "friends" or enemies is gonna kill me...

and i don't have to worry about the police coming to send me away to where the muscle-bound fags play.....

so the choice is yours....rayfis is on a rocketship right now and y'all lookin up at 'em like he's the brightest star around.....

but mark my words....HE WILL FALL AND FALL HARD..JUST LIKE HIS KIND ALWAYS DOES....

so who you wanna be when you grow up?

him or me? "

young prophetsun thought long and hard about that speech and decided that watching his back from friend, foe, and 5-0 was just not worth it.

i decided to be honest and hardworking like my pops....

so i am now a 27year old , financially secure, gainfully employed, enlightened father and husband....

and all my old friends who chose to pump coke and hustle up at mayberry apartments, forest creek apartments, and the countless other projects infested with misguided lost souls selling death to their people have either been locked up or glocked up.....

and i have more $$money$$ than all of them.

and i'm safe.

so THUG LIFE aint as lucrative as it looks....

but how many youngins in PG county are gonna pick me as their role model?
-Not strong, only agressive
-not free, merely licensed
-not compassionate, we were polite
-not good, but well behaved
-we courted death in order to call ourselves brave, and hid like thieves from life. Toni Morrison

WHY DO BAMMAS TELL LIES ONLINE?
IS YOUR LIFE SO PATHETIC THAT YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO LIE TO COMPLETE STRANGERS?
GET A CLUE......Y'ALL 'BOUT TA MAKE ME OPEN UP A FRESH CAN ON Y'ALL B*TCH *SSES

-i aint lyin! this sh*t i'm makin up is true!!
-i love you in a place, where there's no space or time.....
-i love you for my life, your a friend of mine......
-and when my life is over, remember when we were together....
"a song for you" donny hathaway

PEACE & LOVE