Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDont' be classist/elitist, ma
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21440&mesg_id=21453
21453, Dont' be classist/elitist, ma
Posted by nahymsa, Fri Sep-01-00 07:31 AM
>but to speak upon the DRUG DEALERS openin the barber shops: that is so damned pathetic & nauseatin...detroit is litter'd w/barber/beauty
>shops...auto detailin shops...car washes purchased w/DRUG MONEY...just because u have
>now erected a tax base for that home out in
>the burbs u now live in...or that $50,000 SUV u
>drive w/out bein employed by one of the big 3
>{thusly receivin a discount for}...does
>not legitimize u...

it did for the Kennedy's and most of elite white america that we all go to college so we can get jobs & work for.

>here it is still: bigger figures makin
>money off the sweat & dedication of other people...these DRUG DEALERS are not barbers...not bumper & body men...do not scrub white walls..

ummm...so?. First of all, the brothas that I know who did open up shop weren't all drug dealers but they did take example from P. 2) They provide a place for a person to earn their keep, legit. There's nothing wrong with hard work. Do you expect to clean the toilets in your office after you get your degree?

>They are injectin handsfree...responsibility-less places of business in their own communities that cater to their own "element"...they still market to & benefit frum their people...

what are you talking about. A business (hair salon, laundry mat, chicken place, provides jobs & services to a community....period. A black owned business is just that black owned & if successful they won't have to hustle anymore & can hire our people so they won't have to either.

>u are a DRUG DEALER...who has faced NO CONSEQUENCES FOR U ACTIONS

do you know anyone personally, who's sold drugs. The repercussions are many. Its not an easy life.

I don't consider neighborhood drug dealers our "enemy" - they are imo, coconspirators (as many of us are) with a system that works against our best interest. Most aren't getting "paid", many are addicts themselves and usually they feel there aren't any feasible alternatives to the lifestyle they've choosen.
>
>i do believe that DRUG MONEY could be utilized in our communites...but not at the discretion
>of the DRUG DEALERS..

how is that going to work? If you aren't willing to sell the drugs why would you be willing to utilize the profits from it to your (& our benefit)? Then turn around & denigrate the people who did the dirty work for you.

>drug dealers...however gifted mathematicians & >business persons they may be...are CRIMINALS...

If the government legalized drugs then they wouldn't be. Frankly, I'm not too concerned about laws made by immoral people in an immoral system. And agents of the US regularly break its this country's laws. In fact those agents are responsible for the drug trade to begin with.

>not payin nearly enuff restitution to the >community they helped to distruct in the >property taxes they pay for ownin these establishments...

selling drugs does not destroy, the fact that they are illegal is what is the problem, therefore legalize it. We pay taxes every day to a government that deliberately dumps drugs into our community for sale & profit. So we are willing destroying our own community in that sense in order to be able to live without 5-0 at our door.

>what's a fuckin barbershop when we have >nappyheaded underclothed children afraid to walk >to school because of the DRUG DEALERS the "other" kind of business men handed the torch
>off to are not recognizin they are DEALIN DRUGS >in >a 'School Zone'...

is this an afterschool special? What drug dealer you know is fucking with kids on their way to school? If you're refering to a hostile environment due to drug selling, I think that poverty and its repercussions needs to be examined.

>do u really think those children w/the grumblin >bellies are lookin at the lex parked outside
>"Fade Em & Fuck Em" are thinkin to become a
>barber when they grow up???...

The children that I've spoken with, looked at these brothas & wanted to own businesses & have their own. They (unlike most elitist adults) didn't dismiss being a barber or running a laundry mat as beneath them, especially when they say the Lex parked outside.

>how many years in the "game" do they decide
>to "legitimize" themselves???...

who cares as long as they do?

>don't let the fool whisper in ur ear that they >no longer have drug affiliations...

some don't some do...do you speak from experience? I do.

>i have to digress now...because that is a VERY >raw wound that festers itself in my city...

You're not the only one that lives aroundtheway. I do too & you know what, I have a different perspective.