Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: What Are We? Part II
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21423&mesg_id=21437
21437, RE: What Are We? Part II
Posted by Brownsugar, Fri Sep-08-00 08:18 PM
This is in reply to your comments and the e-mail that you sent me today. I really don't know how to work the "quotes", I will just put this in my own words....I have read the other replies to your entry, "What Are We? PartII". All of these people seem to be very positive, with a good outlook on life and hope for the future. We definetly need more people like these!!! As I said in My entry, "Why blacks won't participate", I am trying to get parents into the school, which I am affiliated with, to participate in their childrens education. The only way that a change is going to be made, is parents must come into the schools.

The Hispanic people are coming. I typed and printed and passed out flyers in Spanish and English. The Black parents were the non-participants. My sister just joined the local school council, yesterday and we are trying to come up with some incentives to bring in the black parents. If you, or anyone else in your organization, could be of help, it would be highly appreciated. As I said before...a law needs to be passed, making it mandatory for parents to come into the schools, periodically and participate. Some day...I hope that this will be done!!!