Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: What Are We? Part II
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21423&mesg_id=21428
21428, RE: What Are We? Part II
Posted by nushooz, Thu Aug-31-00 06:38 AM
>WHAT ARE YOU DEDICATED TO?
>Helping children? The environment?
>Animals? Political action? Social
>change? Eliminating racism?
>To what "cause" have you
>dedicated your heart?
GOD.......and "the least of these"....
Children, Political Action, Social change.....Eradicating Police Brutality....

>HOW DOES THIS MANIFEST IN YOUR
>LIFE?
Local group participation....I've been marching since I could walk....petitioning.....answering calls....making calls....NC Gaudian ad Litem for the Children.....Volunteering.....Meals on Wheels and Battered Woman's Shelter Volunteer

>WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO THIS?
I have been the under-dog for most of my life. We need somebody to champion our causes....
Eyes on the Prize helped.....AND God peirced my heart a long time ago.....

>
>WHAT HELPS YOU?
>What qualities of heart and mind serve you best in this work? Who or what, external to you, has helped you to perform this work
>or dedicate yourself to this goal?
The truth. You gotta operate from the truth. It protects and shields you. And the truth is that in my heart I hurt for a lot of things. And then I'm compelled to ACTION. "All of my help comes from the Lord" Am I too Christian? HECK NO!....another post....
>
>WHAT GETS IN THE WAY?
>What qualities do you find in
>yourself that make the dedication
>more difficult? Who or
>what, external to you, has
>put up roadblocks or made
>the path more difficult?
My lack of patience. I want stuff to happen NOW! Not always a good thing.

>WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED SO FAR?
>What lessons has this dedication brought
>you?
All my experiences (from rape to finding Jesus/not because He was lost: I was) have MADE me who I am. God has ordained THIS time for me. These are my truths. The dream of life is truth and then we act and do things accordinlgy. (Zora Neal Hurston)

>WHAT IS THE GREATEST JOY?
>What is the best part of your dedication? What makes you go on, even when
>it's hard?
When seeds mature....we plant seeds...some fall on fertile places.....this is my joy. When God confirms me.

>WHAT IS THE GREATEST SORROW?
>How has your heart been broken in your work? What makes it worthwhile anyway, or is it?
People break my heart.

>WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING?
>What nourishes you in your dedication?
> Where do you find your inspiration to continue? What do you do to prevent burnout? How do you nurture yourself?
Faith keeps me going. I tell myself from time to time that "God said so" and that's all that needs to be said. Faith is the substance of things unseen. I'm fed. Man does not live by bread alone but of every word from God.

>WHAT'S NEXT?
>Is there a natural next step that you see?
Keeping this promise that I've made to Him. He needs His people in all places. I wanna be one them - with the aroma of Christ. The biggest compliment that I've ever received was not "Girl you fine" or "Oh, you are a natural....." (these comments had no merit until my own trip to Damascus) but the greatest compliment speaks to my level of Christianity - without me having to say a word. THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME - causing my causes and direction and acquisition of my goals to be in line with HIS.

Thanks for the opportunity Janey. peace be unto you!

Live
Nu

I,I, I Can't Wait!

nushooz@blackplanet.com