Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: WHY WON'T BLACK PARTICIPATE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21378&mesg_id=21388
21388, RE: WHY WON'T BLACK PARTICIPATE
Posted by nappiness, Sat Sep-09-00 09:51 AM
many of the lsc's(local school council) i've encountered have been full of hot air. those folks talk a good game but they aren't there for the studetns, everybody is trying to be the 'Head Nigga in Charge' and they get caught up in the titles.

my response is based upon the targeted schools for my tutoring program. i go to the meetings because it is part of my job but i don't see the good in them. especially in chicago where they've given these councils so much power.

but on the otherhand one of my mentors is a principal of a two grammar schools and her lsc is on point.

so i guess it just depends on the luck of the draw as to whose involved with the lsc. and the thing that you have to remember about parents is that these people are on different levels, meaning that some of them don't know how not to be triflin'

--------sig-----------
"If you are an asshole keep your thoughts to yourself"
"If your intent is to hurt someone else's feelings for the sake of making yo'self look like a 'supastar', rethink your intent."
Nappiness is next to Godliness!!!
"To thy ownself be true"
Ms. Nappiness