Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: how can we create equality without reversal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21229&mesg_id=21243
21243, RE: how can we create equality without reversal
Posted by guest, Fri Sep-29-00 09:20 AM
where are you at, Marinera? y'all keep in mind i'm still on my quest for a more fruitful "somewhere" to be...

I suppose whether or not all people are "racist" depends on how one defines racism. There are several definitions:
the race+power=
the believing in concept of "race"=
the ethno-melanin prejudice
the behaving in ways that contributes to one of the above
etc. etc. etc.

Lately, i've been thinking about that last one alot. Even though the term "racism" and the word-association thoughts that go along with it are extremely unpopular in the US (due to hard work and community action for the last 150 years), many people in the US have yet to realize how they contribute to racism, and make personal change to stop that.

I agree with you 100%, though, racism is a construct of circumstance, mis-information and human tendency to be an idiot. In the worse cases it technically should be considered a mental illness as it's an irrational phobia, or compulsion to freak-out over normal things --"oh, my god... they're... dark! ah! oh, my, edith... go inside the house! hide the kids... hide the silverware... oh, my..."

heh, heh heh...