Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: how can we create equality without reversal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21229&mesg_id=21242
21242, RE: how can we create equality without reversal
Posted by guest, Tue Sep-26-00 04:56 PM
Most people aren't racist.

Yeah I said it again, but that's been my experience. I can't speak for you guys in the US, but that's what I've been seeing all my life up here. I think some people do have a few racist tendencies but I prefer to call them misinformed, rather than an outright racist. All that's required is a little education, a little insight in to other cultures and circumstances and those people will see the light.

Personally I think this method is more effective than flipping the tables just to teach someone a lesson. Efficiency is not an issue? Well then just what is this proposed change supposed to accomplish? . . .

Improved race relations? That won't happen, you aren't going to change people's views by making them suffer.

To gain power? I don't call one group of people who oppresses another powerful, I call them scared. Scared because they know that given the opportunity those underneath them may challenge them. Is this the only way for black people to suceed? Can they not beat white society on it's own terms through hard work and social reform? Or is the civil rights movement totally wrong?

Equality? This cannot be achieved through inflicting inequality on others, that's no secret.

Why can't everyone just get along? Is multiculturalism such a horrible thing? My country has been embracing it for 30 years and as a result we have a MUCH more tolerant society, less racism (probably has to do with the fact that it's illegal!), and less inequality. What must there be a revolution when it's clear that evolution is better for everybody?

Giving you true calcio since 1986

AIM: Marinera81
EMAIL: jonah_b27@hotmail.com

Check out http://www.greatergood.com help end world hunger & save the rainforest in less than a minute a day! FOR FREE! NO STRINGS!