Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Censorship: What Exactly Is "Taking It Too Far"?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21205&mesg_id=21211
21211, RE: Censorship: What Exactly Is "Taking It Too Far"?
Posted by Expertise, Thu Sep-28-00 09:33 AM
>About the Kim thing (with her
>ass hanging out), I mean
>that crap sells is why
>they play it for real.

Duh. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

>Also, it is a pacifier for
>people. I mean, if you
>can keep everyone's eyes on
>sex and ice, etc, then
>they may not keep on
>thinking about the crap that
>they and/or people live.

Another duh. That's why you have to avoid the "sex and ice" on your own. Life is full of temptations.

>I mean, the press is always
>quick to commend somebody for
>doin some good (like prez
>do) but you better be
>damn sure that they wont
>play that shit if the
>corporate sponsors and supportin it.

Whether or not Prez is doing some good is simply your opinion. But the bottom line is that the corps are the ones that pay their bills, and makes things run, therefore they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

>I think Prez's video should get
>layed uncut. I dont really
>see the explict elements as
>bad. Just truth telling.

Once again, that's your opinion. Obviously other people think otherwise.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship." - Alexander Tyler

"In general the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give to the other." -Voltaire

"The assumption that spending more of the taxpayer's money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family- which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions- began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to "help." - Thomas Sowell

"Life is insensitive, and the truth can be highly offensive. To hide from either is to hide from the reality of life. Take pride in the fact that I am an equal opportunity offender. You today, someone else tomorrow. You have no constitutional right not to be offended." - Neal Boortz

Some of you still think America's a
democracy. Lemme break it down for
ya...

* Democracy:  Three wolves and a sheep
vote on the dinner menu.
* Democratically Elected Republic: Three
wolves and 2 sheep vote on which sheep's
for dinner. 
* Constitutional Republic: The eating of
mutton is forbidden by law, and the
sheep are armed.

The United States is a CONSTITUTIONAL
REPUBLIC. Not a democracy.

Yes....I am a PROUD Black Libertarian Conservative.