Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectdown with the movement
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21130&mesg_id=21163
21163, down with the movement
Posted by guest, Mon Oct-02-00 08:27 AM
I'm defintely feelin everyone's enthusiasm and ideas. I do agree with atruhead, I think that was the person. We need to really hammer down on an idea first so that researching can be done on how to make it work best. We don't want to just keep coming up with ideas and never actually get to the planning portion. After we hammer down on an idea, we can then post to the board explaning what our idea is and try to see how many other okayplayers will support us. I know many people will be weary to give money to something that they don't really have enough info about.

In my opinion I think we should start out small in terms of what our initial project should be. We can set long range goals though that would allow us to expand into other areas. For example, we could just work on donating PCs and then expand on that idea and hold workshops with the students teaching them various aspects of the PC, expand on that and then mentor them in subjects other than PCs, and then start a scholarship fund, and then whatever else our littel hearts desire. This is just an idea and its not in any particular order.

Give me some feedback. I'm down to help out in any way that I can.

Peace