Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectFunny
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21043&mesg_id=21044
21044, Funny
Posted by janey, Mon Sep-18-00 12:50 PM
The first page really grabbed me. I loved the whole discussion of time. I thought it provided real insight into Tony's character -- that he's a relatively thoughtful and intelligent person (which might not have been apparent otherwise, or at least not immediately).

I don't have the book with me so I can't cite a page, but there's this moment about the middle of the book that was my absolute favorite.

Tony's going off on how women control sex, and he breaks it down into its components and gets all academic about it. And it's all about how women completely control men, and have men wrapped around their little fingers, etc. And then he starts in on women from a man's perspective, like who would you talk to? You know, she can't be too this or too that, or not enough of this, etc. and it just blows the whole Women Control Sex theory out of the water. Not that men control sex, but that it's mutual. I just thought that was so well done, so understated -- because I completely believe that Tony believes that women control sex. I just don't believe that Brian believes it or believes that it's a terribly healthy attitude.

Peace.