Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectGive 'em a chance???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=21018&mesg_id=21029
21029, Give 'em a chance???
Posted by Brownsugar, Thu Oct-05-00 01:25 PM
Me myself, I kind of agree with the ones that don't want them there...Some people don't ever change, for the better....and can't stand to see anyone else progress. I live a neighborhood, where there are good people and bad ones.

The good people, try to keep the neighborhood together, while the bad ones do all in their power to tear it down. Once you let the bad ones in, they bring in other disruptive people...then, they start selling drugs, standing around and destroying property!!!

They have gotten a lot of the rowdy people away from here, though. They have conviscated properties, from owners and put demands upon property owners which had to be met. They have turned this neighborhood, into more of an interacial neighborhood...Things are better. It is very risky for a property owner to let people from the "low end", come into a neighborhood, but if the community sticks together...meaning, calling police, when they suspect problems...and staying on their alderman, making sure that no serious problems occur, then everything should be alright.

***TRUE QUOTE***

"The lack of money, is the root of all evil!!!"--Rev. Ike

"Ouch!!!...That hurts!!!:-(

"Yeah Mon!!!":9