Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ummmmmm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20979&mesg_id=21008
21008, RE: Ummmmmm
Posted by BooDaah, Fri Sep-29-00 12:01 PM
>the majority of americans eligible to
>vote are a minority...

perhaps? explain...

>the reason most people don't vote
>is because nothing changes...

that's an opinion. mine is that the reason folks don't vote comes from a variety of sources (inclufding what they percieve as what you say): apathy, ignorance of/to the issues, lack of access to information, lack of a candidate they are particularly pressed about, fear, intimidation...the list goes on

regarding YOUR opinion. explain to me how you're going to change what happens in elections by not participating? you ever think part of the reason things DON'T change via elections is because folk don't vote? helluva catch 22.

>and the main reason we do
>need more parties is that
>the 2 major parties are
>in pocket of the corporations...

perhaps. personally i think that the more choices the better. a two party system DOES lead to what we have this time...two candidates that suck. but guess what, if there were 1000 candidates they might all still suck.

>and they also give people mad
>lip service that makes it
>seem like they are conforming
>to thinking of the people
>but its just plain pandering...

fully agree. but that's the nature of politricks today...tell 'em what they want to hear. but this has nothing to do with you saying F*CK voting (and then turning around and saying that you're gonna vote).

>do you think 300 million people
>can be divided into two
>political ideologies?

not necessarily. but give me one candidate that is gonna satisfy everyone. the point is...take part. if that means running your damn self then do it. if it means preaching to high heaven regarding the pros and cons of each candidate...then do it. if it means getting together with a likeminded group of people and making sure that what YOU want is reflected in the candidate you pick...

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html

(no, i don't work in the office)

-----------------------------
Sister SheRise's Activist Stew Recipe:
Step1:inform yourself step/Step2:inform others/Step3:discuss the problem/Step4: DISCUSS SOLUTIONS/Step5:EXECUTE SOLUTIONS/Step6:evaluate the results/Step7:start over at 1 until desired result is accomplished.
-----------------------------