Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ummmmmm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20979&mesg_id=21003
21003, RE: Ummmmmm
Posted by illosopher, Fri Sep-29-00 11:13 AM
I agree. Somewhat.
A "2 party system" is not the problem. It isn't like there isn't many other parties of different kinds out there. It's just they aren't getting the publicity.

///The real problem you have is that people don't think the way you do. You want people to believe the things you want them to believe and vote for the people you want them to vote for and do the things you want them to do. That would be possible in a perfect world. However, reality states that people think and act individually. Therefore, in essence you're short, because not everyone will conform to your beliefs.///

i really don't care who people vote for, for you try psycho-analyze me as most other cats on this site as some progressive tyrant is funny as hell but anyway...

I want far leftists to a real chioce (Soc. Party etc.)
I want liberals to have a real liberal choice (Green Party)
I want moderate liberals to have a real choice (Dems)
i want independents? to have a choice (Reform)
i want moderate conservatives to have a choice (Reps)
i want true conservatives to have a chioce (Libs)

and on and on...

///I've been hearing the Naderites bytch and moan for months now, but the thing you don't get is that you get more press than any other third party candidate. Buchanan, Browne, nor Phillips gets nowhere close to the coverage Ralph Nader does, especially on CNN and other liberal networks. It's funny how you whine and complain about the "evil 2 party system", but when has Nader challenged anyone other than Bush and Gore? Has he challenged Buchanan to a debate? Has he challenged Harry Browne to a debate? How about Howard Phillips? The answer is no. Why? Because he wants to play the same game that he is criticizing. Not to mention that he is afraid of the same thing from those candidates that Bush and Gore could be afraid of him: if they embarrass them, there goes any kind of respectability that his campaign has along with it. (I personally think Harry Browne would wipe the floor with his ass in a debate.) In short, Ralph Nader's constant challenges are nothing more than a contradiction.///

I point is that most countries in the western world have more than two choices in a given election...

it's not just about the duopoly its also the winner take all system of politics...

Nader may have his own agenda but my reason for wanting this, my idea came to mind long before Nader threw his name in the hat so to assume that Nader enlightened us to the situation is silly.

//So when I hear Naderites whine and moan, all I do is chuckle. Nader has you guys fooled into thinking he is the real deal. In fact, he's becoming more and more like a politician every day. He learns quickly. I'm impressed.//

Look this much bigger than Nder this about Harry Browne checkin' Geo. W. on true conservatism. It is about everybody having an oppurtunity share their views at a debate i think it would tight is all those cats were in the debate.

you are a funny guy it's all good

anyway

A Black Libertarian- WTF?