Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectwe're on the same page
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20979&mesg_id=20995
20995, we're on the same page
Posted by BooDaah, Fri Sep-29-00 11:03 AM
forgive me if my tone or words imply that i'marguing with you.

i'm simply saying it's easy to say something loud, get people attention, and fill their ears and eyes with words that appeal to them.

but ultimately you gotta back those words up with some legwork or folk will eventually stop listening to what you have to say because they know you aren't about REALLY jack (which is to a certain degree what i think you've mentioned in your posts).

again...

this board is a wonderful place for people with good ideas to come, share and make things happen to change things they see as problems. if all we do is talk, ultimately this board will be no different than all those other thnktanks where folks get together, say deep things, pat each other on the back for being deep and bounce. i hat tha, and i don't want to see this be reduced to that. the dissemination of ideas is GREAT, but if we aren't doing SOMETHING beyond exercising our mouths/minds then those who have made the world the way it is will continue to run rampant all over us.

SHARE whatever it is you and your compatriots are working on, and don't take it for granted that we're too "liberal"/stupid/whatever to get it.

you HAVE our attention....now HOW do you want to do the things you've suggested (starting our own party, etc.)?