Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectyet more
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20979&mesg_id=20991
20991, yet more
Posted by BooDaah, Thu Sep-28-00 12:41 PM
>You mean rheoric like
>get out to Vote
>Rap the vote
>Rock the Vote

exactly. unless there is an actual methodology behind the words, it's all pretty empty.

>I have ...
>I did...

and? nowhere in your responce to this post or in your subsequent postings do you do anything besides saber rattling. i agree with your INTENTION (what i believe it to be anyway) regarding taking part in the political process being more than pulling lever or punching a ballot.

on the other hand....by your own admission voting IS an important part. your post is full or contradictions (which is fine i guess), but i have yet to see you tell these players here an effective means of mobilization/action.

>So don't even try to front
>that role you play kid
>the jig is up...

this is your second mention of the "role" i play (the first was during your anti-christian/religion crusade). i'll pass on commenting other than to say that i'm inconsequential to the point that talk is STILL cheap whether i'm playing a role or not.

>All i'm saying let's take part
>in the candidate process
>before we get so focused
>on voting....

with all due respect, you must be missing the boat. we've been discussing candidates (of all parties), issues, and the entire electoral process for months. please read before you attack, otherwise you'll end up apologizing like you did last time. right now we have about a week to get folk to get themselves registered to let their voices be heard, as you've previously aquiesed this is important because if you don't vote, you don't got jack to say...whether there be two candidates or two thousand.

>That giving them too much power,
>they choose who's running then
>we choose who will win?
>
>
>Naw i'm choosing who's running as
>well...

this is good. i find your fervency and activity admirable (for what that's worth, which is jack) but....

>As far as plan of action
>i'n doing it with my
>thinktank Progressive Pennsylvanians we are
>in process of making in
>the next year possibly we
>can provide a model for
>other regions but then again
>it may be a little
>to radical for you liberals...

..until you actually provide any solutions beyond "me and my folk
are gonna bring something thats too much for you all" you're just blowing smizzoke. i can say i'm starting my own government and that we're going to overthrow the current one, but until the revolution occurs, so what? and exactly what is a liberal anyway? who (besides you in your i lo way) has anyone ever heard me claim THAT particular title? or is that (once again) your cute little way of putting folk in boxes again?

ultimately, like i said twice before:

you got a better plan, bring it.

peace back.

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html

(no, i don't work in the office)

-----------------------------
Sister SheRise's Activist Stew Recipe:
Step1:inform yourself step/Step2:inform others/Step3:discuss the problem/Step4: DISCUSS SOLUTIONS/Step5:EXECUTE SOLUTIONS/Step6:evaluate the results/Step7:start over at 1 until desired result is accomplished.
-----------------------------