Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Let's make it practical...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20903&mesg_id=20978
20978, RE: Let's make it practical...
Posted by urbgriot, Fri Oct-06-00 11:24 AM
Public Education should not be teaching our children morals and values that is the job for the parents and the private community.
Public Education is just that free education offered to everyone whether white/black, inner city or suburbs, my issue is not with what the government provides black people it is what we provide for ourselves. Public education should not be teaching heads how to rescue our communities the are designed for academics not for social change. It is up to us to teach our kids not the kids. I am tired of us complaining about what the goverment is or is not doing for community.. eff them let us do for self.
I do not agree with Dead Prez on two points, I feel they have a limited view of certain subjects.
Education &
Economics
Are my two main issues.
Education is key and it is principle that someone soaks up as much game as they can about everything, especially this system that we are subjected to of Western Culture. now peep game
This is the challenge that we have for ourselves can we form learning centers and cultural center in our community with the design to teack our children knowledge of self and the math.
We can not expect government to teach us these principles or for them to support these principles. Man I can go on about this because it goes into other issues with have as a people. Bottom line is until we have a successful alternative then we should not have any complaints.