Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI have questions too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20903&mesg_id=20909
20909, I have questions too
Posted by Blackmagicallydelicious, Tue Sep-12-00 03:43 AM
I'm a dead prez head. I listen to the cd on the regular, and to me "They Schools" is filled with mainly good points that I can relate to. I wouldn't take every line literally. I would queston why did the student feel compelled to fight the teacher? How come the teachers couldn't answer the questions and do some teaching outside the textbook? What if, like college, a high school diploma isn't everybody?

My main concern on the cd is their belief, or disbelief, in God. I can understand some opposition to the Bible, Christianity, etc. because not everyone is Christian. But they seem to be questioning the Creator's existence altogether. Hopefully, I can chat with these brothers when they come this way for the Okayplayer tour and ask them.

Giving you true broken toilets since 2000.

September: Spit 4? Okay, I'll try it...

You point and laugh and say I dress funny.
While you sport Japanimated silk shirts and still look bummy.
But it's not about my clothes.
Cause I could still be the shit while I rock your great-granny's wardrobe.

Quotes start heah...
*"Bush proves that he is a man who will best serve the people...their last meal."--Jon Stewart
*"While you sittin' over there drinkin' that Snapple/You need to put your head between my thighs and start bobbin' for apples."--Brown Skin Lady to Naps
*"We see through your voodoo, just like Eve's Bayou, you dealing with the Blackmagic..." Talib Kweli

do damage for damage be
unpredictable with map and compass
& weapons pressed against the cheek
--Sun Rise Missions, from Earthquakes and Sun Rise Missions by Haki R. Madhubuti.