Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: angry white male
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20885&mesg_id=20886
20886, RE: angry white male
Posted by guest, Fri Oct-06-00 02:39 PM
As I write this I am realizing that I all can really do is serve to confirm all those wrongs that you're dealing with. I saw exactly what you've described (blacks basically getting shit on in the work place) from the "inside," for lack of a better term. There are a lot of older white males who are very pissed off at something, and can somehow seem to find some solice in bringing down their frustion on people of color. I worked in an environment that liked to foster, relish and deny their open rascism. I say open because they liked to tell me all about it since I was in the club, I guess. The only sense I can make of it is if they are low enough to think about any other race they way they do, they must not care to take the time to figure out who in their own race agrees or disagrees with them. I'm sorry I don't have the answer, but I feel that I understand your frustration just enough to know that it is unbelieveably fucked up for the black community in the work place. Thing is, though, that's just a reflection of the way things are everywhere else but at work. This openly racist person telling me all these things I never want to hear is raising his child to think that it's okay. I'm sorry, again, I don't have any answers. There are just to many damned people with all the wrong ideas.