Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectangry white male
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20885&mesg_id=20885
20885, angry white male
Posted by guest, Fri Oct-06-00 01:41 PM
This week I experienced a new level or WWB - Working While Black.
It seems that white males in corporate america and everywhere are extremely
angry and there are a hand full of black directors in a company with over 112,000 employees worldwide with 200 -300 white directors at those same levels for longer lengths of time and most who got there rather quickly. I hear remarks all day long and I just had to voice my opinion to them. The couldn't relate to the fact the blacks got there because they worked the system and there asses off. The honed in on what the companied valued in it's employees and delivered the results consistently. They didn't ask to be in those positions that demanded it. Just like white women have.

My question to this community is how do y'all deal with this shit?
I can't understand how a people (whites) who live in the best neighborhoods (at least those I work with), go to the best schools (so called) take great vacations, make good money, work for a company that treats them very well in training, excellent working environment, opportunities to travel abroad, moving assignments every three years, can be so angry! I've live in the the same city I grew up in,
caught hell from bankers when i purchased a home on the same block as my parents, went to the worst schools, catch hell on the job everyday, work late,
came in early, did 5 peoples job during the downsizing in 1993, saved the company over 200,000+ and (more doing all those folks jobs) a year in real money, steamlined all those stupid processes folks called themselves doing, pulled together a world wide developer's conference with 40 sessions going on (some simultaneously) in three week, came in at the entry level, work my way up and people want me to still prove my abilities. They think I (we as blacks) are getting some handouts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy in my world (now that i've found okayplayers.) I don't need to live in their neighborhoods or go to their schools. I would like to see my daughter get a better education than I did but I know with God she is going to make it on her own merit. I just wanted to come here to get this off my chest. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel much better now. We as blacks really need to get our own. But it seems like an uphill battle when you bet blocked by financing institutions. There is also a level of support we need from our community in order to take those risks. We only get that one chance.

If you deal with WWB, please comment of how you deal with the stress of it all.

Peace and Love