Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI feel you Kristy...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20746&mesg_id=20792
20792, I feel you Kristy...
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Sep-27-00 07:02 AM
but products like this ARE in America..ARE in our communities--check ANY Black mag for skin bleaching products..WHY are these adds among the most PREDOMINATE in stuff like Jet, Ebony, Essence, etc.?????

these ads SAY these bleaching creams are for "lightening discoloration marks and the like from acne, etc." but WHY do you have to have so many of them in the mag??

in general, this is frightening to me...i know countless women and some men who've been told that they weren't good enough cause they weren't light skinned...i really couldn't finish the article cause it just reminded me of how i was always talked about by my older relatives cause of my hair and skin color (im not even what most folk would consider to be "dark skinned", but many of my older relatives were hella light and could pass for white in some cases..and STILL hold that mentality to this day....)

hmm...ill be back later if i can finish the article without getting upset about it.

Ryan

No Sig til AFTER my 25th birthday..LIBRAS (October 4th) RUN THIS MOFO, AIIGHT?? ACK LIKE YOU NOW, NAAAAHH!! :D