Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Question # 1
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20718&mesg_id=20721
20721, RE: Question # 1
Posted by RexLongfellow, Mon Oct-16-00 07:14 AM
I agree, Reagan and Bush were bigger drug dealers than anybody on the planet, and the documentary didn't deal with the Iran/Contra issue (they focused primarily on the drugs, rather than the circumstances, the circumstances were thoughts in my head). The thing about that though, Reagan was making money two-fold: There was money for the drug/arms exchange, and all the money that he put into the "war on drugs" was basically an investment because the government saw all that money returned to them throughout the "war on drugs". All the programs that they created for this, saw them get increasing financial benefits...that along with the drug money made the government richer, while the people got poorer.

I don't think that I got the complete answer to Question 1 though. From what I got, it seems as though people take portions of the money off the top to finance personal assets, while other portions of the money are used elsewhere (hence the case of the building you mentioned)...but that can't explain the billions (probably trillions) of dollars that are being collected per year.

Peace
Rex