Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDrugs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20718&mesg_id=20718
20718, Drugs
Posted by RexLongfellow, Fri Oct-20-00 07:45 AM
Whassup peeps...
I'm watching the History channel, and the show is about drugs, how they became illegal, and what the government has done to stop it. The show is madd interesting, because it's shown me things that I didn't know before (things like the real reason why they are illegal)...and how Reagan started tossing money to curb the problem. But I have a couple of questions, and whoever's got the knowledge, I'm hoping that you can help me out.

Question 1: Let's say that the police raid a building, make about 100 arrests, and retrieve about 5 billion dollars, and about an extra billion dollars worth in drugs and paraphenilia. The question is, where does all that money go? Does it get recirculated back into society, does it go directly to the government, does it get allocated between police departments, and/or federal enforcement agencies, where does it go? (To me, it seems silly to hold the money in storage, like they do for the retrieved drugs)

Question 2: With todays legislation, do you feel as though EVERYONE involved with the drug should be jailed? This EVERYONE includes the user, the seller, and all witnesses...which doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Question 3: Obviously there are some drugs that are a lot more harmful than others, but with the growing argument of how marijuana should be legalized, and with the rebirth of extacy, should people be given the choice to purchase any drug they want (Should ALL drugs be legalized, not just one or two)

Just some questions I got in my head, and I'm hoping that I can get some cool opinions from my intelligent OKplayers...opinions please

Peace
Rex