Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWatch out now...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20646&mesg_id=20659
20659, Watch out now...
Posted by guest, Wed Oct-11-00 10:51 AM
The example is quite clear- there are a few good quality Black shows that have come and gone, and I have to side on the side of the bafoon in most cases.

When i watch tv- im rarely looking for something intellectually enriching- if i was Id be reading or at least watching CNN or CNBC.

We cant obligate humor to decorum that's a paradox- and when we have provided shows with all the integrity in the world they consistently fail- as do most shows with integrity.

as for this... "Basically, it's like this: If the majority of the characters in the Matrix were black instead of the minority, would the movie have made as much as it did? What about Star Wars and Titanic? "

we're talking apples and oranges here- now this is the film world; I understand your point but Blade did remarkably well in the box office and the sequel might do even better. A great deal of the Matrix's appeal was in Morpheus a very strong Black character and there was also Tank and his brother (check the scoreboard at the end of the film- Black people had it locked 3 to 2 on the survivor tip) the ish that threw the movie over the top was martial arts choreography by Yuen Woo Ping- but thats another story. In other news- Pitch Black pretty much passed- but I think everybody who saw it was thoroughly impressed by the work of Vin Diesel (survivor score on that one was 2-1).

Did y'all forget that Rush Hour was the hottest action film out?

K