Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: are you being fair?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20646&mesg_id=20658
20658, RE: are you being fair?
Posted by guest, Wed Oct-11-00 10:30 AM
I agree that there isn't much on television that is actually worth watching. I also agree with your statement about succumbing to bafoonery for humor. That is exactly the point I am trying to make. But, a problem that I foresee is that if there was a "black" show on television that focused on quality instead of bafoonery, it probably wouldn't last long. First, being that it would be a "black" show, that means the majority of white people would not watch it, and a lot of black people wouldn't watch it, because they would not find it humorous since it would be missing the "bafoonery". Basically, it's like this: If the majority of the characters in the Matrix were black instead of the minority, would the movie have made as much as it did? What about Star Wars and Titanic?

AIM: kaorazen
email: kaorazen@aol.com
----------------------------------------
"Issues of a complicated manner, hammer away at my mood, As I stay glued to the possibility that really it's all okay. Silly of me, to think that things would ever go my way, though some do, there's more than few which don't." Grouch

"I tried to keep it all respectable, but your head was 'round my nuts so much, I thought I had an extra testicle." Kaorazen Obsidian Mojo

"You're still a motherfuckin' slave, it doesn't matter if you're near white, a little light, or blacker than a thousand midnights." Talib Kweli

"How the fuck did we go from being original man to becoming original gangsters?" Kaorazen Obsidian Mojo

"We're all really spirit bodies in a manifested world of form." Dodo Mafioso

"FUCK THE INDUSTRY! Let it rupture, I'm tryin' to keep my family structure stable, no more dreams of trippin' in limos, or shippin' them demos to a shady label." Kaorazen Obsidian Mojo