Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Create the ideal Black t.v. show........
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20646&mesg_id=20656
20656, RE: Create the ideal Black t.v. show........
Posted by guest, Wed Oct-11-00 10:10 AM
The problem that I have with the majority of the "black" shows today is that bottom line, the writing sucks. Of all of the shows that are shown on WB or UPN, can you name me one that has actual quality writing? It's like the producers say let's just get some popular minority figures to star on tha show: have a rapper guest star occasionally: throw a lot of materialism and sexuality on there and there's the show. Every now and then I will attempt to watch a UPN or WB show, but I rarely find it an enjoyable experience because there is no real thought put into the episodes. I can't give you a detailed account of why I don't like every show, because I don't watch them all. The only shows that I really watch on a regular basis are Seinfeld, Farscape, Cosby, and occasionally the Simpsons, All In The Family, and Sanford and Son. My idea of the ideal "black" tv show woudl be one that could represent a certain aspect of african american culture and actually have quality writing without blatant emphasis on sex and materialism.

AIM: kaorazen
email: kaorazen@aol.com
----------------------------------------
"Issues of a complicated manner, hammer away at my mood, As I stay glued to the possibility that really it's all okay. Silly of me, to think that things would ever go my way, though some do, there's more than few which don't." Grouch

"I tried to keep it all respectable, but your head was 'round my nuts so much, I thought I had an extra testicle." Kaorazen Obsidian Mojo

"You're still a motherfuckin' slave, it doesn't matter if you're near white, a little light, or blacker than a thousand midnights." Talib Kweli

"How the fuck did we go from being original man to becoming original gangsters?" Kaorazen Obsidian Mojo

"We're all really spirit bodies in a manifested world of form." Dodo Mafioso

"FUCK THE INDUSTRY! Let it rupture, I'm tryin' to keep my family structure stable, no more dreams of trippin' in limos, or shippin' them demos to a shady label." Kaorazen Obsidian Mojo