Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectuh, uh, uh...momma gotta shake her head on that one...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20595&mesg_id=20631
20631, uh, uh, uh...momma gotta shake her head on that one...
Posted by shepoet, Mon Oct-23-00 02:57 PM
"You claim that you clearly called it an observation in yiour original post and then when I point out to you that the word "observation" didnt come up once in that post you call me slick-thats incorrigible."

Hey, you're antagonistic, I'm incorrigible. I can live with that. But yes, slick you are ya lil' whippersnapper:-) Go back and read the post. I called you slick because you harped only on the very first post. I specifically posted that, in your slickness, you were correct, that i did not use the word "observation" in the originating post--I should have but then again, given whom i'm dealing with, i dont believe it would make a difference. I did, dearheart, however, clarify it in my FIRST response to you, that it was an observation. Yet, in subsequent posts, you continue to infer that I stated my comment as an actual fact--when I never did. You even told Deli Del in your response to your post "And another thing..." that you "sincerely wanted to see where she got these ideas. I asked for elaboration--not justification". Now tell me, does this sound like a request for an eloboration or a demand for justification?
And I quote from your first post titled, "just tell me...":

"where did you get this from. Is this your oopinion or is there some book that dicusses the beauty values of European and asian peoples?"

Son, that sounds like demand for justification.....a request for actual documentation. And even then, I did not take offense to your post. I in turn replied, " It is an observation....my statement was not intended to be taken as the gospel truth. As for a definitive piece of literature, no, I do not know of a comprehensive study on this matter....my comment was based on personal observations and not meant to generalize."

Now, you stated in a previous post that, from your personal observation/views, you knew european individuals who did not fit my comments made in the original post. (see your post "Thats a hoot") You clearly used your own personal experience to say that my opinion doesn't represent them. Funny, I NEVER said my opinion represented them. That was implied by you. One mo' funny thing. Why come....(yeah, i said why come)....why come, you can use your personal experience as a means of explanation and I cant? We BOTH have stated to know european individuals. We have two different views supposedly brought about by a similar personal experience by two DIFFERENT people with different outcomes. There is no right or wrong. Just different. Yet, you are hell bent to tell me that my view is wrong--just cus you say so??? Again, as Scooby would say, "Barrrrtgghhh???"

Now, you are telling me "my first response signified that it was your opinion and then I asked you to elaborate on that opinion--you did so." Glad to see you finally admitted that i did. You've been stating over and over that i did NOT elaborate on my opinion. Or perhaps, do you mean, i did not VALIDATE my opinion, according to the world of K? And you did imply that you wanted validation by asking if I "know any Europeans-have you been to Europe?" You also stated that you're "only intention was that we not abide by YOUR opinions in that they represent other cultures unfairly. Even you finally admitted that this doesnt represent all Europeans but it took you like 10 posts to get there...." This is not true. Again, in my very first response to you, I specifically said, "...my commment was based on my personal observations and not meant to generalize." In my second response to you (re: what is your experience?), I again stated, "...I thought I made it clear that it was not (the comment) to be perceived as a generalization of an entire group of people." You continued to imply that I made my comment as if it were factual, then, when i clarified my mean, you accused me of backpeddling and then implied as if I had misrepresented myself as some sort of authority on the issue. (see post Koala European!?) None of those accusations you made were in my original post, nor in subsequent posts.

Then to add further insult, you then imply that I am representative of a "supposed European ideology of hating blackness..." Neither my original post or subsequent post ever infered such a thing. Not once did i ever state or imply the "hating of blackness" was perpetrated or confined only to europeans. I merely stated that i felt it was a coincidence, based on MY observations, that it appears as if every major ethnic group has some sort of negative issue regarding race. This would INCLUDE europeans--that they too may have intra-racial issues.

Also, there were no "attempts to peep game". And you never "encouraged anything" out of me. I, have been saying the same thing from the beginning. You however, have antagonized, contradicted kand been incorrigble.

And no, i have yet to see the Koala that Janey has described. But, if he would, as I have requested for a second time, go back to the original purpose of the post, which was to followup on the FACT that there is a product being blatantly advertised as a skin lightening cream for the entire complexion, perhaps I will see the Koala that she has referred to. I would even be willing to hear your insight on something i did say in the original post and whether or not you've thought of the same thing--about the disdain for dark or black skin. Mainly prior to precolonization in asian countries (japan & china). I am not aware of this issue prior to precolonization in africa and among the indigenious people of now latin countries. But it appears that intra-racial issues exits in the major ethnic groups.

So c'mon, i dare you...be civil now. Show me now...dont make an ol' gal hafta go all da way back in da archives to see that you could actually be nice. Besides, I aint got much time...momma done think she done found a gray hurh messin' wit you.