Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Now now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20595&mesg_id=20604
20604, RE: Now now
Posted by shepoet, Mon Oct-23-00 10:04 AM
"One thing that we know about message boards is this: It's
really hard to get inflection right when reading someone
else's post."

Janey, thank you. I am perfectly aware that certain nuances are lost when communicating in this type of forum, and always keep that in mind when posting. It is never my intention to offend--its very unnecessary and unproductive.

"I can tell you from my experience with KoalaLove that he
may challenge your opinion but he does not intend to attack
you as a person."

Well, I am happy that you see your experience with KoalaLove as positive. At this moment, i do not feel the same. It is one thing to question or challenge a comment or opinion, but in this case, I feel he is reaching for an argument that is not there. He has implied many things which were not said--the exact opposite--which disturbs me. His so called vigor challenging a person comes off as a blatant attack. If he is knowledeable, and wishes to make a concrete point, then he should do so. He has attacked, yet has not given any solid references to substantiate his own accusations. All he has done is point a finger, basically saying, I dont agree with you, but has not said why. As if only his opinion is valid (i.e. its okay for him to have european acquaintances that apparently feel different from what i've said, versus me having likesaid acquaintances who may feel differently from his viewpoint. We are two different people, can not our different experiences have two different conclusions.)

I'm not insecure with my opinion and have the utmost respect for individuals who express themselves and, if I disagree their opinion, show information that might even change my opinion, because aint no shame in learning. I have posted to this forum with respect and believe that I should be treated in the same manner.

Because I've tangled with him a little bit
and have read many threads in which he has discussed
issues with others, I can tell you that he is well-informed
and quite confident of his opinions, and can back up them
up with citations.