Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectKoala European!?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20595&mesg_id=20600
20600, Koala European!?
Posted by guest, Mon Oct-23-00 08:49 AM
Thats a hoot.

anyway- you made a very bold statement and didnt bother to register it as opinion then so i asked for you to qualify your sources. Then when you backpedaled and said it was only a matter of your experience- I asked you to qualify that even farther- you did so but i still cant say that it makes you authority enough to speak on behalf of "just about any culture and ethnic group."

Im not offended- i just dont think that i by any means a fair statement it is at most a reasonable presumption but nonetheless a presumption.

In my personal experience I have known many Europeans; those who have both migrated here and even those who only visit- not to mention many who are European Americans. Suffice it to say that your opinion doesnt represent them and neither does your experience (some of them are dark skinned people themselves). If you have nothing solid to substantiate your claims then you are entitled to commit to your opinion just dont expect it to suffice as fact- much less the solid basis for a discussion.

no offense- but this supposed European ideology of hating blackness is tired and unsubstantiated- in all the times Ive seen it raised (it comes up alot) and accused of being the persistent plight of the world Ive never seen one book cited to back it up.

K