Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: vegetarians and fish
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20479&mesg_id=20491
20491, RE: vegetarians and fish
Posted by guerilla_love, Tue Oct-24-00 06:15 AM
oh that yeast thing cracks me up, and i agree about wheat--any macrobiotics out there? (isn't that what it's called...?)

>>I have heard of vegetarians eating shrimp because, supposedly, shrimp do not have nerve endings in their bodies and don't feel pain when killed.

is that what makes an animal an animal? please, that's ridiculous... but, then again, it's not really about pain to me in the first place, so....

>>Then there's the issue of cheese... Cheese is made (usually) with rennet, which comes from the cow's stomach lining, which means the animal is killed anyway...

yeh, so many vegetarians won't eat rennet cheese. or filtered sugar or salt. or medicine made with gelatin... see what i mean about lost sense of community? i mean, it's all fine and good when ya cook for yaself and ya have enough cash to be picky, but what ya never eat with friends? ya only have veg friends? what a ridiculous way to limit yourself....