Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectYou are courageous!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20470&mesg_id=20472
20472, You are courageous!!!
Posted by Brownsugar, Wed Oct-25-00 05:48 PM
You beat the odds!!!...I definetly know how frustrating it is, looking at a situation like, childrens education...and butting your brains out; trying to figure out a way to get the best education, possible for the children.

I am a local school council member, and this is definetly a problem, that I have no answer for!!! I am trying to get the parents to participate. I don't have a problem getting the Hispanic parents in...It is the Black parents. When the parents participate and know what is going on in the schools, a lot of problems can be resolved. As you were saying about the lack of books in the schools....It is possible that there was mis-use of funds. But if the parents don't attend the meetings, there is no way for them to know, which money is going where.

I am not going to give up, something definetly needs to be done. I don't know the drop-out percentage of Black Americans within the public school system, but I do know that it is very high!!!

Right now, I don't know what to tell you...If I come up with something, I will let you know....If you come up with something...Let me know!!!

***TRUE QUOTE***

"The lack of money, is the root of all evil!!!"--Rev. Ike

"Ouch!!!...That hurts!!!:-(

"Yeah Mon!!!":9