Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNo response, just cynicism, huh?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2045&mesg_id=2086
2086, No response, just cynicism, huh?
Posted by CaptainRook, Fri Apr-09-04 08:11 AM
>Why don’t you start the next movement? But before you start,
>make sure you own house is in order, then your own immediate
>community, then your city and so forth.

Thanks for the advice, I'll consider it. But really I don't think that establishing "a movement" in the sense that we have been trained to see it, is the way to accomplish much of anything, long-term wise.

Writ us misguided
>house Negroes a manifesto to help enlighten us on our path
>to salvation.

I don't have to do this, many others already have. Marcus Garvey has his book, _The_Philosopy_and_Opinions_of_Marcus_Garvey; Elijah Muhammad has his book, _Message_to_the_Blackman; Booker T. Washington has his book, _Up_From_Slavery_; Amos Wilson has his book, _Blueprint_for_Black_Power. Some of these authors have many works that are worth checking for. I personally would suggest Amos Wilson's, _Blueprint_for_Black_Power.

>
>I mean, since your not the only one that feels this way and
>I’m so uniformed and basically socially blind and dumb I
>your opinion, teach me , tech me and become our leader.

Yeah, I should teach you alright. I should teach yo ass how to type or spell. You've got problems with one or the other or both. I'm not being funny it's just difficult to read and understand with so many typos and mis-spellings.

I already commented on the whole Messiah leadership theory. You are a leader just as much as I am. Take command over your own leadership power. There's not a one, anybody that is gonna lead or handle this thing for us, we all gotta get busy and get to leading by example and doing, building, and creating. That's where the power of leadership is.

Take
>the whole weight.

That's the thing. This weight is too much for any, one, somebody to try to take on all of it, all by themselves. It just won't work like that and it's foolish to think or make such a suggestion.

Step down from your soapy box of rhetoric
>and do something. Organize some militant or conscious
>brother marches in black deprived neighborhoods. Do
>something.

How do you know that I ain't already doing something?

Marches?? The last thing we need is another damn march. As our distinguished M.H.A. Dr. John Henrik Clarke stated: "We have used enough shoe leather on marches...Marches are a waste of time, energy, shoe leather, and gas (for our cars)...We are engaging in showbiz revolution." (i.e., by marching and the like).

This whole, "let's have a march" routine is played and I hope that I never have to see us embarass ourselves with another march. They really don't solve anything, and they waste resources and energy that could otherwise be used elsewhere. So marching ain't my M.O.

And by the way, my box of rhetoric is no more soapy than yours.

>
>Become what you talk about and defeat what you hate so much.

How do you know that I'm not already doing this? Anyway, I'll take it as a suggestion and thank you for making the suggestion.

> I mean brother man the only way to save blacks in this
>county is to fall under one single mindset. Yours.

No, I'm not saying that. I do know what doesn't work and that's this Civil Rights approach of beggin' your historical enemies/oppressors for acceptance.

>
>Tell us who God is, toss the bible out and give us a new
>book.

I'm still really searching and trying to discover who God is, but when I find out, I'll let you know.

I'm not gonna say that you should toss out the Bible, but you should toss out your slave master's interpretation of the Bible and develop an interpretation that works for us as people.

Teach us our native toughs of our ancestors. We don’t
>want to speak this white mans language anymore.

I don't know about teahing you our "native toughs", but I do know that you needs to get yo behind in some damn English classes. Or typing classes. Or just learn to proof read your own shit before you post it.

To hell
>with peaceful protest that have worked in other parts of the
>world. We want to fight. So go get us some arms to do your
>bidding. Give me a Big’ol picture and banner of a triple
>black leader to march under, so I will not forget my
>blackness.

Man, what the hell are you talkin' about?? I didn't say anything about physically fighting anyone. I declared that we need to use our energy building for us, not fighting anyone. What's your basis for making these statements?

And as far as peaceful protests go, their weren't many peaceful and non-violent protests in the Civil Rights era. The only people who were peaceful and non-violent during those marches and protests were Dr. King and his followers. But there was still plenty of violence that jumped off.

>
>Teach us. I mean brother man. I have been living a lie. I
>went form Baptist to Muslim to just being in the holy spirit
>of god and it was all a lie. Tell me who is God. Teach me
>my old metaphysical doctrines and sciences. Enlighten me
>about the rings of Saturn and the Dark Mater properties of
>the universal.
>

I will assume that you are being cynical again. If you really want to know about all those things, do the knowledge. Research. Information is all around us. Search the internet. Get a library card and check out some books.

I wouldn't mind giving yo ass some spelling lessons though. What is "Dark Mater"?

>Yaknow it’s mot about a movie its’ about what’s inside. So
>teach my community that drinking alcohols is not health, or
>smoking weed is not a natural act. That having to much sex
>actually depletes the life force of a man. Teach me how to
>control my chi. Help me understand the actual numerical
>values and vibrations of the tones that I speak to t hat I
>can truly speak life.

Research on your own. You'd be amazed at what you might learn.

Also what the hell is "Yaknow it’s mot about a movie..." "mot"?

and

"teach my community that drinking alcohols is not health". Does this sentence make to anyone?

Get a G.E.D. or enroll in community college, or something. Please get some help. I'm serious.

>
>Teach me about the basic sciences of the Egyptian Pharos and
>the Aztecs. Teach me how to cleans my body while meditating.

Get down to the public library buddy. You can learn all that and then some down there.

>Better yet just give me a gun and I will make the White man
>pay for what he made all my black bothers and sisters do to
>themselves. The white man is killing my community, not Me.
>So I need you brother to guide me. Help me. Because the way
>you see it I’m so darn lost.

If you want to go Collin Ferguson, that's on you. I didn't make that suggestion, nor did I insinuate that that was the mode of action that we should be taking and this is not what most Black nationalists assert. Building not killing is the intended agenda of Black nationalism.

And I'm not gonna say that you're lost, you just have a perspective and view that I believe is out-dated and played. Upgrade to the new millenium, homey.