Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: House Nigga Hip Hop
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2016&mesg_id=2025
2025, RE: House Nigga Hip Hop
Posted by guest, Mon Apr-19-04 03:45 AM
I agree with your comments about the history of hip-hop music, and overall culture. I have found myself wondering until now why some people are so passionate about this topic. However, once I considered all the studies I have done on Religions and what I prefer to call the events of the past (not His-story), I realized that this is an important topic for youth and the elders of hip-hop to continue to crusade about. It is bad enought that we have so many people that do not realize that Africans started highly refined and spiritually "civilized" societies in not only Africa, but also Asia-(India-Indus Valley-China-Japan), Europe, Austrlia, and we traveled to South America, and North America before any European, Spanish or whatever nation did. I was a religious studies major at Georgia State, and me and a friend of mine were continuously frustrated with the approach of the department and its blatant support of such lies and perversions of the past. It is in Kemet and Ancient Africa that the first calendars were produced, the sciences were first explored and mastered on so many levels, mathematics, archeticture, and most importantly systems of spiritual cultivation and enlightenment. Too many folks today do not know these facts. And too many so called Western or Eurocentric "scholars" debate these facts presented by writers like George G.M. James, George Jackson, Ivan Van Sertima, Wayne Chandler, Carter G. Woodson, Charles F. Finch, Yosef Ben Jochannan, Chiek Anta Diop, and numerous others I have not named. The facts are the facts, whether or not it is stated by me a young black male or someone of some other nationality, ethnicity, or whatever. We must continue to champion the beauty and innovation of our creativity, which manifest in culture like hip-hop for example. No doubt that it is beautiful that it is universal nowadays, however it did not get that way without the risk taking and efforts of cats like Cool Herc and others. This past must be reflected to the youth, and elders alike. We must not allow our work to be taken for granted. Peace brotha. Hetep.