Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectIS CHURCH THE ANSWER???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20134&mesg_id=20134
20134, IS CHURCH THE ANSWER???
Posted by Brownsugar, Sun Nov-12-00 09:08 AM
I hear quite a few "horror stories about church, and things that go on in church, these days. I haven't attended a church in about 4 years. The last church that I attended, I found out that it was a cult!!! I stay at home and pray now. My cousin and his wife used to attend church three times a week, and he ended up leaving her for a woman that was in the church that they were attending!!!...Now, they are divorced!!! Well, so much for the saying, "A family that prays together, stay together"!!!

I just heard a horrible story, today, about a guy that was engaged to a lady in church. He said that he would go to his pastor, for consilation and healing....Come to find out!!!...The pastor was dating his fiance!!! He is torn apart!!!

It's scary to me!!! There was a time, when church was the one sacred place to go. Church was a place of worship and you could really depend upon fellow members for help and support...In these days and times...I wonder???...is it really worth it???

$$$$$$$QUOTES$$$$$$$

November is..."Jive Turkey" month!!!

Though you may not drive, a great big Cadillac.
Gangsta whitewalls, t.v. antenna, in the back.
You may not have, a car at all,
Just remember, brothers and sisters,
you can still stand tall.
Just be thankful, for what you got,
Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac,
Diamonds in the back, sunroof top,
Diggin' the scene,
with a gangsta lean, oooh-hooo!!!:-)

"Yeah Mon!!!":9