Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Whites "acting" Black
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20132
20132, RE: Whites "acting" Black
Posted by k_rockah, Wed Nov-22-00 02:08 PM
"Blackness is blackness and whiteness is whiteness
despite this, why we gots to fight between us"

My only problem with kids who "act" are those who do not appreciate that from which they borrow-- and thus turn around and uphold rascism--

But how in fact do we learn to speak, walk, and dress??
From those around us. There are enough of us (white kids) who interact on this board who have grown up in a "black" culture and have lived the contrast their whole lives, who know the difference between "acting" and being your self, but also understand the need for acceptance on level. Is there color here? Yes... do you have to black to appreciate it... I don't... I hope that is a commonnality

As an artist who loves the blues, hip-hop, and rock and roll,
I say this: music is music, let it evolve, let it go, let it be shared. When you finish a work, or begin it, does one say, "this is for only black people, this is for only white people," not a chance... anyone who wants to hear you, as the artist, you inately appreciate.

I have been told I talk too black, I act to black, all that shit

I act like myself, and I have been peppered with alot of diffent cultural values that I hold dear--- so why would I change????

I can't I wont I don't want to
PEACE
KC