Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Give me a break.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20128
20128, RE: Give me a break.
Posted by guest, Tue Nov-21-00 05:13 PM
Response to BeeFred.Notice that when you talk about rock, first thing in mind is the Beetles, not some black artist. I think the big thing here is that, yeah, black people should freak out because historic trend has shown that y'all are ruthless when it comes to other people's staff. So many times you have taken black art form and totally excluded black people. You dont join in and have fun, white people wanna take over and exclude the originator.(its not me saying that, its history. Second thought, so what if i said it? You scared of the truth.I have always said that the realest white person is the one that looks the real truth in the eye and say, "true we have done some shhhh to black folks in the past,i can understand why they might feel some of the things they feel"
No one remembers a single black artist that won grammies for rock and jazz, and after this year, no black person will ever win a grammy for best rap album.Note, the take over began this year with M'n'M winning the grammy.
MAtter of fact for the past few years the grammy pannel has shown that it probably chooses the best rap album of the year by watching who was a favorite with the white kids! Somebody wanna to tell me otherwise!? No matter how tight they rhyme, underground cats will never win rap album of the year!!

Off on a tangent, a quote for my America-African peeps that i found interesting: Why do some black folks think they are better than other black folks, did we already forget we all came in the same boats?